Foot problems are most common in children. They suffer from similar foot conditions faced by the adults such as plantar warts, heel pain, in grown toenails, flat feet etc. the risk of foot injuries is also high in children because of high levels of physical activity. Most parents do not pay proper attention to the foot condition of their children and think the children will outgrow them.
It is very crucial to pay close attention to the foot condition of the children and consult a children’s podiatrist in Sydney, if you notice any change in the foot shape, the way they walk or in case of any cramping and pain in the feet.
These are some of the most commonly found foot ailments in children, which can be easily cured by a children’s podiatrist in Sydney, when consulted at the right time.
- Flatfoot – Flatfoot is a painful condition which arises due to the absence of foot arch. The condition is hereditary and can be treated with the help of orthotics that can be worn inside the footwear to provide proper support and relieve stress on the foot.
- Servers – Also known as the painful heel, it is a condition common in children who have high level of physical activity. Children suffering from this condition complain of severe pain at the back or under the bottom of the heel.
- Clubfoot – This is a birth deformity and can be diagnosed with an ultrasound scan. The treatment for clubfeet is performed immediately after birth.
- Growth plate injuries – These injuries are most common in teens and adolescents. Sprains in the foot damage the growth plate and result in a deformed bone.
- Bunions – Bunions are a deformity which occurs because of increased motion of the foot arch. Bunions are very painful and may hinder the activity of the children.
Children suffering with any pain or deformity in the feet and lower limbs, should consult a children’s podiatrist in Sydney, for immediate treatment. Most of the conditions in children can be treated with the help of orthotics and anti-inflammatory medications. Since children respond to treatment faster and feel less pain, it is easy to heal foot conditions in children.